Sunday, October 23, 2011

Inspired!

The great part about getting older is that you really learn to appreciate who you are, your own qualities, find what you like, and you are finally far enough from childhood that you can see a bridge to it. At least this has been my experience. That said, there are a couple of things I'm now excited about.

When I was young, up until I was 19, I was really passionate about becoming an astrophysicist and solving the mysteries of the universe. Now that I'm a little older, I learned that the lifestyle of such a scientist is not what I really want for myself. Instead, I want something that uses many of my qualities and interests, and puts them all together. Thank goodness, I think I've found it: environmental engineering.

My romantic version of an environmental engineer would have me using the physics that I learned in college, then being able to learn chemistry which I never had the time for and always wanted to learn. I could be inventive and creative with theory, all the while building things and doing fun experiments. Not only would it satisfy the academic in me, I would be able to be creative, all of those hours building houses in The Sims would be a skill I might even use! Furthermore, I will get to travel! See the world! Study a million different things I've always wanted to do and what is the absolute best about this, both the foundational layer and the cherry on top: I will be able to do something inspiring, that changes the world and creates a positive effect. Yeah. I'm feeling good about this choice.

What's the point in sharing this? No point at all! I'm just excited and this is an easy post to make. I am going to be pursuing my interests with a new sense of passion. I am excited about laying claim to my life, and finally with some direction. I'm looking forward to working hard, for earning the happiness that I am sure will come from this. I feel inspired and that is something to be excited about!

No comments:

Post a Comment